Preview: JAX 2011
The annual JAX conference in Mainz is the main event for Germany's Java scene. For JAX 2011 I had the pleasure to organize the Spring Day again. The schedule contains:
- Agim Emruli will start the day by discusssing "Web, RIA and mobile Aapplications with Spring". The client technologies are constantly evolving and this talk will present an overview about the current state of affairs.
- Then Jürgen Höller will talk about the upcoming Spring 3.1 release. Jürgen is the lead engineer so we will get some information from the source.
- Next is a talk by me about "Spring in the Cloud". I will show why Spring is a good solution for the Cloud and what you can do with it right now.
- Oliver will discuss Spring Data. He is one of the developers on that project which will support relational databases as well as NoSQL databases.
- Stefan Scheidt will show how to create a backend for an iPhone application using Spring Roo. This is a very good show case about Roo's capabilities.
- Finally we will have a panel to discuss any questions and get some feedback. So all the speakers will be there and it will be highly interactive.
There will also be a basic Powerworkshop about Spring. This time I decided to do it based on Spring Roo which in my opinion is a great way to create Spring applications quickly. Also there will be an Advanced Spring Powerworkshop during which I will talk about advanced topics such as Patterns, architecture, migration to Spring etc.
During the conference I will also do a presentation about AMQP and RabbitMQ for Java developers and a presentation about Java PaaS.
Last but not least: We are planning a panel about the next decade in the Java world with Lothar Wieske and Stefan Tilkov. I am looking forward to this and I hope we will have some interesting discussions there. If there is anything you think we should be talking about I would be more than happy to hear about it!
So JAX 2011 will be quite a packed conference for me. But I am sure it will be a very nice conference again and I am looking forward to meet as many of you there as possible!
Labels: JAX 2011, Spring
J for Java |
I for Internet, iMac, iPod and iPad |
Me for me